We are recruiting a German speaking Corporate Lawyer for our office in Shanghai.
The individual selected will fill Senior Associate position commensurate with experience. This position is a corporate lawyer with significant commercial and labor and employment law experience with very fluently German speaking ability.
As an internationally active corporate law firm, we see ourselves as entrepreneurs with the aim to offer our clients first-class legal consulting services in all areas of corporate law.
Our consulting is as international as the corporate landscape. In Germany, we are based in Duesseldorf, Hanover, Munich and Osnabrueck for our domestic and foreign clients throughout the country. We accompany them in growth markets around the world, primarily in the Central and Eastern European states and Asia.
Together with our international colleagues, more than 200 lawyers are active today at 26 locations.
Clients of the company are SMEs and large corporations from the sectors Industry, Trade and Services, as well as associations, public entities and private clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Hands-on management of cases and client matters, including drafting legal opinions, commercial contracts, corporate documents, and attending client meetings
- FDI, legal research, proof-reading translations, drafting documents and general corporate matters
- Providing labor and employment-related legal advice and counsel to client's Human Resources professionals and company management. This responsibility includes legal research and oral and written advice on a broad range of employment and labor law issues, e.g., terminations and discipline, reorganizations, reductions in force, leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations, wage and hour considerations, compensation plans, harassment and discrimination investigations and outcomes
- Reviewing and drafting company employment-related policies and manuals and employee communications
- Identifying and developing appropriate compliance strategies to ensure company-wide compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements
- Expertise in corporate, commercial and labor and employment law
- Ability to determine and understand client’s objectives and risk tolerance and to incorporate the information in making legal decisions
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze effect of company policies on business activities
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and focus on objectives in confrontational negotiations
- Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, and information, in spoken and written form
- Autonomy; work effectively with minimal supervision
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with maturity and professionalism
- Friendly, upbeat, with a great attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Must have a law degree with excellent knowledge of PRC corporate and contract law as well as employment law. PRC bar is preferred.
- Excellent command of German (both written and spoken).
- More than 2 years of experience in corporate, commercial and labor and employment counseling with solid English drafting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are mandatory.
- Overseas experience preferred.
Please send your resume both in German and Chinese to us if you are interested in this position.
Get email alerts for the latest"律师 - 德语 German speaking Corporate Lawyer jobs in 上海市"