“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 16,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500 Company and global leader
- Globally unified systems
The Corporate Counsel role will support the Vice President and Associate General Counsel Labor and Employment. The successful candidate will provide counsel on labor and employment matters throughout Asia and the South Pacific. This position requires an experienced and solutions-oriented attorney with a proven ability to provide world class service to global clients as well as to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The person filling this position will play a key role in ensuring legal compliance with employment, labor, health and safety, leave, migration/immigration, and wage and hour laws. The successful candidate will provide advice to senior leaders, managers, and employee relations professionals; monitor and report on compliance with applicable laws and regulations; provide compliance training; conduct internal investigations; partner with outside counsel on employment-related litigation; draft policies; draft employment, service provider, commission, bursary, non-compete/restraint of trade, and settlement agreements; conduct audits; manage litigation; provide guidance on labor implications for restructures/redundancies, acquisitions, and divestitures; assist with privacy compliance; assist with contract negotiations and collective bargaining for trade unions.
- A Juris Doctor Degree or equivalent
- Licensed to practice and in good standing
- 5-8 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience working in a top law firm, including independent case handling responsibility
- In-house experience working in the law department of a Fortune 500 company highly desirable, but not required
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including in the English language
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent business judgment and ability to work independently
- Project management experience a plus
- Global experience in Asia and South Pacific preferred
Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. offers excellent benefits, including the following:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health Plan: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Medical Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discretionary Bonus
Get email alerts for the latest"Corporate Counsel, Employment Asia Pacific jobs in Shanghai"