VMware’s Cloud Strategy and the Cloud Provider Software Business Unit (CPSBU) is focused on enabling a Multi-Cloud, Multi-Device World where seamless delivery of cloud services to end customers across a global network of homogeneous clouds and heterogeneous endpoints is a reality. The Solutions Engineering team, within CPSBU, is at the heart of this transformational journey and is working on a few key initiatives to realize this vision. “SDDC Everywhere” is one such initiative that envisions a common SDDC dialtone across the Cloud Provider landscape and enables instant portability and ensures scale and performance assurances across these platforms. We are seeking a senior technical leader who can help solve the technical challenges associated with launching, scaling the deployment and implementation of the SDDC services across these varied landscape.
You will establish a culture of passion and excellence in execution within in the team, the BU and VMware. You need to be able to engage, influence and collaborate with development teams across VMware in this impactful role. The work will include working with our partners/service providers where you will work along with our implementation partners in understanding their requirements, defining the implementation architecture and processes to scale the program and business. You should be ready to question status quo and think out of the box to solve the problem around delivery, testing, certification and other key processes required to deliver SDDC services everywhere. Key responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the architecture for "SDDC Everywhere" initiative
- Be completely engaged in the design, implementation, documentation of system architecture initiatives and development life cycles
- Stays hand-on in engineering activities around architecture, design and development
- Work closely with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals
- Create and nurture culture of technical excellence and innovation
- Builds a team culture that organically develops and maintains high quality codebase. Also, provide implementation guidance where it makes sense
- Collaborate with other VMware business units and organizations to adopt and promote best practices
- You are a SDDC solution specialist
- You have a specialization in either SD storage, virtual networking or Databases
- You have recent experiences in development, operations, troubleshooting, and/or managing services
- Proven critical thinking and advanced analytical skills and qualities
- Strong consulting soft skills and tactful conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication are required
- Systematic problemsolving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new situations
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-03-31
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Get email alerts for the latest"Staff Cloud Solution Architect jobs in Raleigh"