With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Operator organizes and coordinates services to ensure that each customer experiences a memorable stay from arrival, during the stay, through to departure, in line with Hilton and the hotel policies and procedures.
What will I be doing?
As the Operator, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Actively seeking verbal feedback from customers and team members at every opportunity.
• Agree on and implement actions to make improvements to customer service.
• Promote Hilton Honors and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program, ensuring that existing Hilton Honors members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
• Handle complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action and informing the Guest Service Manager to follow-up where appropriate.
• Follow-up with guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution (service recovery).
• Positively deal with and learn from customers’ complaints and comments with follow-up and feedback to the Communication Supervisor.
• Make sure all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively while assisting on the floor during peak periods each day.
• Handle all internal and external guest enquiries promptly with minimal delay, directing them to the correct parties with which they wish to speak to and provide information where necessary.
• Effectively manage all hotel communications, telephone, fax, mail, in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner, ensuring that guests feel welcome when they contact the hotel.
• Be up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interests, sights and activities in and around the hotel.
• Handle and deliver all messages in a private and confidential manner, ensuring privacy for guests and ensure that the messages are received and delivered clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Be proactive towards customers, assisting them with any reasonable requests.
• Knowledgeable of Hilton departmental standards, ensuring consistency of standards throughout the operation by adhering to Hilton brand standards.
• Familiar with operating the telephone, FCS, OnQ PM and Micros system.
• Take on an active role in the team by being kind, cooperative, and helpful and never forgetting the person behind the guest.
• Take on an active role in the Guest Service Centre.
• Describe, assign and delegate duties and authority for the operation of the department at all times.
• Understand the situation in other departments and their implications for your own department.
• Plan ahead and ensure adequate resources are available.
• Coordinate with the Housekeeping and Engineering departments to ensure cleaning is followed up, ensuring that follow-up procedures are maintained.
• Communicate effectively with F&B and Kitchen teams to ensure in-room dining’s quality and effectiveness.
• Ensure that the shift is reviewed, handovers and briefings are carried out.
• Maintain in-depth technical knowledge and skills required for the job.
• Maintain guest histories to assist with returning guests.
• Attend and participate in regular operational and hotel meetings.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested by the Communication Supervisor.
• Understand the goals of the hotel and the department’s role in achieving it, communicating these goals to the team and getting members of the team to work cooperatively with others.
• Keep up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through regular communication meetings and memos, including special events and promotions in the restaurants and bars.
• Be aware of potential highs and lows in the business.
• Create an environment where “everyone sells”.
• Forecasting potential costs.
• Following company control procedures, controlling costs without compromising standards.
• Understand the quantity and quality of people needed to operate the department.
• Regularly review individual and team performance against objectives and provide feedback.
• Participate in annual appraisals in accordance with legal and hotel guidelines and identify individual training needs.
• Understand relevant Health & Safety legislations and their implications on the operation of the department, communicating to the team their responsibilities within Health & Safety.
• Ensure that safe and healthy working practices are implemented at all times.
• Maintain personal presentation to hotel and Hilton standards.
• Ensure that all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely basis.
• Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Operator serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the same position in a 5-star international branded hotel or comparable industry related experience.
• Understand basic spoken English to meet business needs.
• Maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
• Positively impact, take personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, communicating clearly with both customers and colleagues.
• Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
• Be flexible and respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
• Maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational / environmental procedures in the hotel.
• Good organization and coordination skills.
• Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation.
• Patient and responsible to solve all problems.
• Able to maintain excellent relations with team members.
• Able to work under great physical and mental pressure.
• Actively promote the services and facilities of Hilton brands to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
• Familiar with computer systems preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Operator 总机接线员
Requisition ID: HOT09I97
Get email alerts for the latest"Operator 总机接线员 jobs in Beijing"