Mondrian is a way of travel. With its groundbreaking design and progressive programming, it is a “must” destination for locals or travelers. Mondrian is always at the heart of the most exciting cultural scenes in the world, serving up innovation and creativity for everyone. Mondrian provides a playful framework so that guests and locals alike can immerse themselves in the culture of each city it inhabits. Perfectly nestled in the base of the glittering Hollywood Hills, Mondrian LA has made a name for itself as an icon in its own right. Enter through Mondrian’s 30-foot mahogany doors and settle into your luxurious retreat while discovering the wild within. Welcome to a world of effortless sophistication and vibrant culture.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Sales, responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. This position is also responsible with soliciting group business that enables to hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms and food and beverage.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participation in daily sales meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that convention specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
- Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e. room block, cut-off date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with client via turnover letter
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
- Produce and distribute convention resumes.
- Distribute BEOs for group and affiliates.
- Accurately forecast group rooms and good food and beverage revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business within a 5% variance.
- Check sleeping room and suite block, special room concessions and rates as outlined in contract with group reservations agents, as well as updating group reservations agents with any changes.
- Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming groups and potential affiliate business.
- Verify credit information submitted in account management software system at point of turnover, to include estimated amount of billing, billing type and appropriate contract and update information as necessary until departure.
- Participate in Pre/Post-Convention meetings and review bill with client.
- Introduce and recommend house vendors as preferred vendors as determined with the revenue goal of the hotel.
- Establish checklist trace dates using appropriate computer programs.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary
- Follow the principles of CARE and the Four Disciplines of Associate Success.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of the changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended according to the business needs. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow company policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Pay range: $65,000 to $65,000
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence prospects and hotel guests.
- Advanced knowledge on the sales and hospitality principles and practices.
- Results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence, i.e. letters, reports, proposals.
- Appropriate and accurate grammar and punctuation in written communication.
- Ability to maximize impact, maintains interest, and establishes a rapport with your audience when conveying information.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources.
- Understanding the positioning of the hotel, services provided, and how the hotel can meet the needs of clients.
- Two-four years of employment in the hospitality industry or related sales field.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Assimilate into Ennismore’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all Ennismore elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ennismore from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Get email alerts for the latest"Catering Conference Services Sales Manager jobs in West hollywood"