With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
As the Chief Accountant, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Assist the supervisor to deal with monthly statement and prepare the monthly accounting voucher.
• Ensure all reports are completed correctly and on time and prepare monthly financial statements to be distributed.
• Adjust all general ledger accounts and update supporting documents.
• Prepare weekly bank reconciliation and financial statements as required by the owner company.
• Analyze and investigate the cashier's long and short funds.
• Supervise cashier's funds to ensure monthly inventory is accurate; review the amount of five social insurance and one housing fund to ensure that it is not over allocated.
• Assist in training Finance department staff.
• Review travel agent commission payments and ensure compliance with Hilton standards.
• Review the adjustment and certification of food and beverage control.
• Assist the DOF and Assistant DOF to prepare budget, forecast report and monthly report.
• Be familiar with all accounting policies and procedures to ensure they comply with the SOP.
• Assume additional accounting responsibilities in the absence of the DOF and Assistant DOF.
• Ensure timely payment of taxes.
• Handle all requests and inquiries in a timely, effective and friendly manner.
• Ensure that correct work practices and the safety of the work area are not compromised to minimize the risk of accidents and employee compensation costs.
• Perform all additional tasks to ensure smooth operation of hotel functions.
• Report and communicate directly to the Assistant Controller and Controller all accounting and financial control matters.
• Assist, coordinate and communicate with other departments on accounting related issues and internal control.
• Liaise with government departments such as tax authorities and industrial and Commercial Bureau on relevant matters.
What are we looking for?
A Chief Accountant serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• University preferred Commerce degree in Accounting & Management.
• At least 3 years of working experience as General Ledger Supervisor or higher in the hospitality industry.
• Solid working experience in hotel accounting with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial operational accounting role.
• Mature and reliable person.
• Good relationship with the local bank and government agencies.
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local accounting laws and tax laws.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Flexible with working hours, especially at the end of the month.
• Professional Accounting qualification.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English to meet business needs.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Chief Accountant 总会计师 - 上海虹桥祥源希尔顿酒店
Requisition ID: HOT09A3P
Get email alerts for the latest"Chief Accountant 总会计师 - 上海虹桥祥源希尔顿酒店 jobs in Shanghai"