With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Director of Food & Beverage, under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Operations and within limits of established Hilton hotel policies and procedure, and the Food & Beverage Manual, he / she will be fully responsible to establish all operation procedures. This role will take the necessary actions to guide managers in all activities and staff of the concerned department, establishing and maintaining the highest level of quality, training, motivation, etc., according to established guidelines.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Food & Beverage, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Determine operational policies and standards on all Food & Beverage matters at hotel level.
• Establish standards of Food & Beverage sales, trends and inventories.
• Recommend changes or innovations in policies, procedures and equipment.
• Confer with the Management on reports, forecast budgets, policies and future planning.
• Review price, sources of supply, Food & Beverage sales, trends and inventories.
• Ensure top quality food and service to have complete guest satisfaction.
• Inform the Management on sales, submit monthly financial statements and comments on the operation.
• Ensure that goals are achieved as outlined in the profit budget.
• Ensure that maximum departmental profit is achieved.
• Ensure that the department operates within the budget.
• Ensure that all licenses for the entire department is approved and available.
• Oversee all supplies and services engaged by the department.
• Meet purveyors to learn of new products or methods.
• Ensure that training programs are available.
• Ensure that all employees are trained to Hilton international standards.
• Review departmental programs to ensure development of future departmental heads.
• Review regular career paths with the General Manager and Director of Operations.
• Ensure that the staff is highly disciplined, motivated, friendly and well mannered.
• Ensure awareness of trends, practices and equipment in food and beverage preparation and service.
• Aware of what the competition is doing the make sure price comparisons are up to date at all times.
• Maintain the highest standard of personal professional image, conduct, knowledge and skills related to your job responsibilities.
• Establish and maintain effective employee relations at all times.
• Maintain professional business confidentiality.
• Participate in or execute any other tasks that may be assigned by the Management within the scope of the company’s business.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager / Director of Operations
• Ensure that Food & Beverage mission is established and instilled in all team members.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Food & Beverage serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• 5-8 years as Head of Food & Beverage in a 4 / 5-star category hotel or individual restaurants with high standards.
• Good command in English, both verbal and written to meet business needs.
• Working knowledge of mathematics.
• Familiar with computer systems.
• Relevant knowledge of food and beverage.
• Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seize opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
• Flexible and responds quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
• Maintain high team focus by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
• Knowledgeable of Food & Beverage and Conference & Banqueting operations and skills.
• Strong leadership, people management and training skills.
• Guest oriented and able to confidently build and exceed service standards.
• Thorough knowledge of services, cost control in F&B, labour controls, beverage menu writing, maintenance, merchandising, computer and accountings.
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to details.
• Key strengths (under the 9 competencies) in people management communication and planning.
• Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including food, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
• Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
• Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect.
• Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Able to walk, stand, and /or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Director of Food & Beverage
Requisition ID: HOT0939M
Get email alerts for the latest"Director of Food & Beverage jobs in Changsha"