LV Purchasing Specialist
Work Location: Colombia
RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
RWS Regulated Industries division: provides a full suite of language services exclusively for highly regulated industries such as Life Sciences, Healthcare, Financial services, and Legal industries. This includes language solutions for clinical trial management and linguistic validation of Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COAs), insurance, retail, commercial and investment banking, compliance, mergers & acquisitions, and Litigation.
About The Role:
Under the supervision of an LV Quality & Purchasing Supervisor or the department Manager, the LV Purchasing Specialist purchases high quality translation services to create error-free, linguistically validated Clinical Outcome Assessments (COAs).
The role ensures that client project requests are contracted to, processed by, and received back from translators in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner to enable on-time delivery to clients.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
- Purchases services from qualified translators based upon availability, language, expertise, deadlines, cost and other relevant considerations to ensure work is completed and returned in a timely manner to permit due dates to be met.
- Incorporates new and existing vendors into active and ongoing translation work.
- Replaces translators mid-project as needed with minimal effect on budget and project deadlines.
- Fully comprehends project instructions, relays them appropriately and effectively to translators as well as assists them in resolving issues.
- Communicates with LV colleagues to ensure all translation services are purchased as required to meet project specifications.
- Maintains up-to-date information in company records and databases, including the appropriate management of project documentation.
- Understands translator feedback systems and utilizes them as needed.
- Coordinates with Finance when needed to handle translator billing issues.
- Serves as back-up to other LV Purchasing Specialists during absences.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Science, or another related field.
- Preferably a minimum of one year’s experience in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Familiarity with foreign languages preferred.
- Translation experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to clearly understand project requirements.
- Fluent in written and oral English with the ability to succinctly respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Proficient computer skills
- Possess the skills to problem solve issues independently.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Amazing benefits! (Seriously!)
- Company-wide agile work policy with flexible work arrangements.
- Opportunities for training, professional development, and personal growth.
- Smart, engaged co-workers and a global culture of diversity, innovation, and opportunity.
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There’s a reason we work with 90 of the top 100 brands.
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch.
RWS embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. RWS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RWS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. RWS will not tolerate discrimination based on any of these characteristics.
RWS is an Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.
Get email alerts for the latest"LV Purchasing Specialist jobs in Medellin, co (primary)"