With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Operator Supervisor organizes and coordinates services to ensure that each customer experiences a memorable stay from arrival, during the stay, through to departure, in line with Hilton and the hotel policies and procedures.
What will I be doing?
As the Operator Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Actively seeking verbal feedback from customers and team members at every opportunity.
• Agree on and implement actions to make improvements to customer service.
• Promote Hilton Honors and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program, ensuring that existing Hilton Honors members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
• Positively deal with and learn from customers’ complaints and comments with follow-up and feedback to the related Communication Manager / Guest Service Manager.
• Handle complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action and informing the Communication Manager / Guest Service Manager to follow-up where appropriate.
• Follow-up with guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution (service recovery).
• Maintain guest history records to assist with returning guests.
• Make sure all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively while assisting on the floor during peak periods each day.
• Be available to assist on duty in the hotels during any busy days or special events.
• Be proactive towards customers, assisting them with any reasonable requests, and training all team members to see these things before the customers ask.
• Handle all internal and external guest enquiries promptly with minimal delay, directing them to the correct parties with which they wish to speak to and provide information where necessary.
• Effectively manage all hotel communications, telephone, fax, mail, in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner, ensuring that guests feel welcome when they contact the hotel.
• Be up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interests, sights and activities in and around the hotel.
• Handle and deliver all messages in a private and confidential manner, ensuring privacy for guests and ensure that the messages are received and delivered clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide and ensure that all team members provide on time wake-up call services for hotel guests.
• Knowledgeable of Hilton’s departmental standards and run the Communication Centre as a MAGIC Centre according to brand standards, explaining standards to the team, assess their performance against these standards and monitor standards through regular standards review checks.
• Familiar with operating the telephone, FCS, OnQ PM and Micros system.
• Take on an active role in the team by being kind, cooperative, and helpful and never forgetting the person behind the guest.
• Take on an active role in the Guest Service Centre.
• Transfer all internal and external guest calls to the appropriate parties correctly, with minimal delay.
• Develop action plans to address shortfalls in standards and identify shortfalls before they affect customer service, implementing and following through with improvements identified.
• Manage all equipment and be familiar with the system and functions, resuming the role as the person in charge of the section during the absence of the Communication Manager.
• Describe, assign and delegate duties and authorities for the operation of the department at all times.
• Understand what’s going on in other departments and its implication for your own department.
• Plan ahead and ensure adequate resources are available.
• Coordinate with Housekeeping and Engineering department to ensure cleaning is followed-up, ensuring that follow-up procedures are maintained.
• Communicate effectively with the F&B and Kitchen teams to ensure in-room dining quality and effectiveness.
• Be completely familiar with all emergency procedures and the fire system, ensuring that all Communication Centre team members are familiar with the procedures too.
• Ensure the shift is reviewed, and handovers and briefings are carried out.
• Maintain in-depth technical knowledge and skills required for the job.
• Maintain guest histories to assist with returning guests.
• Attend and participate in regular operational and hotel meetings.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested by the Communication Manager.
• Understand the goals of the hotel and the department’s role in achieving them, communicating the goals to the team.
• Set and agree to departmental objectives for self and team, representing the needs of the team to others in the hotel and getting members of the team to work cooperatively with others.
• Keep the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through regular communication meetings and memos including special events and promotions in the restaurants and bars.
• Take on an active role in the team, ensuring effective communication and work as a team in order to reach goals and targets.
• Be aware of potential highs and lows in the business.
• Create and implement sales promotions and team member incentives as per discussion with the Communication Manager.
• Create an environment where “everyone sells”.
• Complete regular financial and operating reports, as required or requested by the Communication Manager.
• Forecast potential costs.
• Follow company control procedures, controlling costs without compromising standards.
• Communicate relevant financial information to the team, analyze and explain any financial variance against plan.
• Understand the quantity and quality of people needed to operate the department.
• Ensure that new recruits have all relevant information before commencing employment.
• Plan and ensure that departmental orientation is carried out.
• Ensure that standard training and assessments are carried out.
• Regularly review individual and team performance against objectives and provide feedback.
• Develop and implement department training plans to meet business needs.
• Review and evaluate all training activities.
• Carry out annual appraisals in accordance with legal and hotel guidelines, assisting the Communication Manager with all team members and identify individual training needs.
• Introduce appropriate product knowledge courses for team members.
• Participate in trainer programs, providing structured training to people starting careers in the hospitality industry.
• Understand relevant Health & Safety legislations and their implications on the department’s operation.
• Communicate to the team their responsibilities within Health & Safety, ensuring that safe and healthy working practices are implemented at all times.
• Maintain personal presentation to hotel and Hilton standards.
• Ensure that all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely basis.
• Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Operator Supervisor serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the same position in a 5-star international branded hotel or comparable industry related experience.
• Understand basic spoken English to meet business needs.
• Maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
• Positively impact, take personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, communicating clearly with both customers and colleagues.
• Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
• Maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational / environmental procedures in the hotel.
• Good organization and coordination skills.
• Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation.
• Patient and responsible to solve all problems.
• Able to maintain excellent relations with team members.
• Able to work under great physical and mental pressure.
• Actively promote the services and facilities of Hilton brands to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
• Familiar with computer systems preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Operator Supervisor 总机主管
Requisition ID: HOT09IE5
Get email alerts for the latest"Operator Supervisor 总机主管 jobs in Beijing"