The basic responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Controller/Finance Manager is to ensure and maintain the smooth and effective day to day work routine within the Finance department and the resulting work efficiency, as well as the co-ordination and control of the month-end process.
What will I be doing?
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind and being proactive in a timely manner towards their needs and requests of customers.
- To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- To contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational/environmental procedures in the Hotel.
- To actively promote the services and facilities of the Hilton Hotels to guests and suppliers of the Hotel.
- To perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
- To contribute positively to Equilibrium and Esprit by providing both guests and fellow team-members with courteous, hassle-free service and by seeking to always maintain a pleasant working environment.
- Supervises and manages the daily work of the Finance department.
- Ensures and is responsible for the accuracy and propriety of all charges and credits to the various accounts and ensure that they are properly recorded in the books on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all balance sheet transactions are accounted for documented and properly reconciled.
- Review weekly bank reconciliation/ monthly balance sheet reconciliation/analyses.
- Is fully conversant with the Hilton standard chart of accounts and the correct use thereof.
- Ensures that the accounting records comply with local laws and regulations.
- Ensures the month end closing process is completed and the timely preparation of all required financial reports for review by the Director of Finance.
- Ensures the accurate and prompt monthly and year-end closing of the books of accounts.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in compliance with Finance Standard Practise Instructions (SPI).
- Understand the requirements of the Internal Control Programme (ICP) and SOX and ensure that the hotel is in compliance with both by performing regular audits.
- Assists in the completion of forecasts and budgets as instructed.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and schedules as directed, required by management and owners.
- Thoroughly familiar with the duties and procedures of other team members within the Finance department over whom he/she has supervision.
- Assists and coordinates the internal and external audit process.
- Conduct Payroll Audit if AFC is independent from payroll cycle.
- Ensure hotel to follow the government tax regulations, tax submitted on time.
- Liaise and represent the hotel with all government authorities in regard to local tax matters, Price Control Bureau, foreign exchange, banks, pensions, etc.
- Liaise with local insurance companies regarding issues pertaining to local insurance coverage/issues.
- Familiar, and keep up to date with, all policies of both the hotel and Hilton insofar as finance is involved.
- Monitor daily bank cash position to ensure no over draft incurred.
- Capable of functioning as Controller for short periods of time in the event that the Director of Finance/Financial Controller is away from the hotel.
- Is hands on and takes an active role in daily activities within the department, ensuring that all work is up to date and assists team members where required.
- Assists the Director of Finance/Financial Controller in providing commercial and financial information to assist in any decision making process.
- Ensures PDR’s are completed on schedule and actively develops team members’ skills and behaviours.
- Oversees the training of Finance department team members.
- Coordinates departmental leave and organises the coverage of positions during team member absence.
- Creates a pleasant working environment, ensuring productive and efficient work practises within the Finance team.
- Ensures that all internal control procedures are strictly adhered to and communicates any perceived weakness to the Director of Finance/Financial Controller.
- Maintains an adequate and up to date filing system.
- Is flexible in relation to working hours, especially at month and year-end.
- Handles all requests and enquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Minimises the risks of accidents and workers compensation costs by ensuring the correct work practises are used and that the area is safe from hazards.
- Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
- The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Solid working experience in hotel accounting & operations.
- Mature and reliable person.
- Preferred Commerce Degree in Accounting and Management.
- Previous experience in a managerial operational accounting role.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to lead, to provide guidance and to develop team member.
- University Preferred Commerce Degree in Accounting and Management.
- Previous experience in a managerial operational accounting role.
- Accounting Qualification.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility.
- Line operations management and labor related experience preferred.
- Professional Accounting Qualification.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Assistant Financial Controller/Finance Manager
Requisition ID: HOT076SD
Get email alerts for the latest"Assistant Financial Controller/Finance Manager jobs in Danzhou"