Finance - 13 Month Student Placement (June 2021)
The Finance department at BMW UK are responsible for all Accounting and Controlling activities for the UK and Irish National Sales Companies of the BMW Group. As a diverse team of around 25 people, we work with all areas of the business to profitably steer the company in order to achieve our financial objectives. We are responsible for all operational aspects, ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the finance processes, and accurate financial reporting, both internally and externally. We are constantly looking to increase our efficiency and smarter ways of working.
We are looking for a student to join our Finance team for 13 months starting June 2021. This is a diverse and interesting role where you’ll provide financial process support to the Accounting & Reporting Manager and assist with the management of accounting for BMW UK and Ireland. Our student placement also offers the opportunity to work cross functionally with the other teams of the Finance department to identify and drive process efficiencies.
What will you be doing?
• Participate in the Finance month and year end processes to ensure timely and accurate recording of entries in financial accounting systems.
• Perform daily validation of interfaces into the SAP Finance system from source systems to ensure that information is correctly input in both systems.
• Finance projects support - this can include identifying potential projects, providing expertise to on-going projects, and taking ownership of projects from end-to-end. In particular, focussing on the areas of process improvement and simplification.
• Prepare the monthly control account reconciliation templates and tracking reports, update of data, and status report to management after the review deadline.
• Provision of information as required to internal and external auditors to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
• Support the Controlling team with preparation of the monthly Management Reporting pack. This includes updating PowerPoint slides with charts/comments as needed for review.
• Help with the administration of SAP user access roles by preparing system requests and providing advice to end users regarding their requirements.
• Studying for a Bachelor's degree and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above in a relevant numerical discipline such as, but not limited to, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Finance and Business, Mathematics.
• Preferably some relevant work experience within an Accounting or Finance role and interested ideally in studying for a future post-graduation qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
• Excellent A-level results and including at least one numerical based A Level such as Maths, Economics or Accounting.
• Strong numerical ability to understand and check calculations.
• Highly self-motivated and an ability to work well under pressure.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience of using MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Did you know?
Farnborough is home to our BMW, MINI and Alphabet National Sales Centres. We’re proud of our office environment and achievements, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – Being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency and reduces wasted energy. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
• Flexible working hours - Working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance not burnout through focusing on output not attendance.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued to support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
• Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as Ping-Pong tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Why Choose Us?
• Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £18,500, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme.
• Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
• Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK or European passport holder.
Closing date for applications: Sunday February 21st 2021
Any further questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Get email alerts for the latest"BMW UK, National Sales Company, Farnborough - Finance - 13 Month Placement (June 2021) jobs in Farnborough"