The Airbnb Communications team is responsible for telling Airbnb’s story around the world. We help drive consideration and usage of our products and services in addition to generating buzz, supporting the legitimization of our community, and promoting trust in our brand. We lead the communications strategy to make Airbnb synonymous with magical travel and the world’s leading end to end platform that everyone can belong anywhere.
We speak to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders and the wider community - we are the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest teams, come tell us your story.
We are hiring a Communications Specialist for Airbnb China. The role is responsible for executing Airbnb’s corporate communications strategies for China. You will work closely with cross-functional partners to help maintain and advance the company’s position with relevant stakeholders and tell our positive story through a range of initiatives and campaigns that advance our position across China.
The successful candidate will need to be effective and creative communicator who has the ability to transform challenge into opportunity and contribute to the team. The role is based in Beijing and reports to the China Communications Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
- Craft compelling and diversified editorial contents in alignment with global editorial calendar and China business priorities
- Manage Airbnb China Newsroom and corporate social media accounts on Weibo and WeChat
- Support prepping company executives communications plan for public speaking engagements, media interviews, etc.
- Handle day-to-day media inquiries and build relationships with key media contacts in China
- Promote trust in our platform, including proactive Trust & Safety initiatives, social listening and manage reactive press requests to safeguard and support Airbnb’s community and brand
- Support China comms team operations, including planning, budgeting, vendor management, etc.
- Around 3-5 years working experience either on the agency side or in-house communications team to support the corporate/brand reputation, issue management, etc.
- Excellent copywriting skills, experienced in both corporate narrative development and social media storytelling
- Good insight on the evolving Chinese media landscape (in particular social media landscape and influencers/KOLs) and understands how to engage the media through day to day communications work
- Good data analytics skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism or related fields
- Excellent language skills, both Chinese and English
- Proactive, efficient, agile, can work under pressure, a good team player
- Creativity (keynote design, graphic design, video editing, etc.) is a huge plus
Get email alerts for the latest"Corporate Communications Specialist jobs in Beijing"