BMW Group Legal Department Corporate Counsel are primarily responsible for providing expert, comprehensive legal advice for the BMW Group and its companies, officers, directors, management, and employees on business critical, strategic, high risk and exposure, regulatory, compliance, public policy, and day-to-day matters. They are expected to perform as much legal work as possible in-house, control legal costs, and manage and direct law firms, experts, legislative counsel, lobbyists, vendors, suppliers, Alternate Dispute Resolution providers, and other third parties in handling BMW Group legal affairs.
The ideal candidate will handle consumer, warranty, and lemon law litigation and prelitigation matters in a cost effective manner while minimizing legal risk for the Western Region, particularly California. Responsibilities include reducing the BMW Group’s legal exposure, identifying product issues and communicating them to BMW Group company management, handling discovery, negotiating the resolution of disputes, and preparing reports and analytics.
The ideal candidate will provide legal advice for employment, labor, and benefits matters for all US and Canadian BMW Group companies.
The ideal candidate will work in conjunction with business colleagues in the Purchasing Departments for US BMW Group companies and other business units to negotiate, and as necessary, draft vendor and other contracts to ensure that BMW Group company interests are fully protected (e.g., consulting, website, management, insurance, and health plan and welfare administration agreements). Responsibilities include the BMW Tech Office and IT contracts, but not Designworks, University, or Connected Drive contracts.
The ideal candidate will support research and development matters.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply for the Corporate Counsel position today!As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- A member of the bar association in at least one jurisdiction in the US
- Licensed to practice law in New Jersey (this could include obtaining a license to practice in-house based on being a member of the bar of a state outside of New Jersey)
- 5 years of legal experience
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, Lexis/Nexis, and Westlaw
- Must be able to travel overnight as necessary
- Litigation, contract, and employment experience
- Prior legal experience with another motor vehicle distributor or manufacturer is desired, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
BMW NA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Get email alerts for the latest"Corporate Counsel jobs in Other"