The Director, Internal Audit & Internal Control Compliance is responsible for the overall leadership of the internal audit department leading the development and delivery of the Organization’s internal audit plan and risk assessment and mitigation plan thereby performing a fundamental risk management role together with other compliance parties, including legal, financial and casino compliance based on the oversight of the Audit Committee.
He / She will develop strategic and tactical audit plans using a risk-based approach that focuses on commercial, compliance, technical and risk mitigation objectives in support of the mission of the Internal Audit department, as set out in the Internal Audit Charter and in alignment with the Organization’s mission.
1. Technical Aspect
1.1. Develops and executes an annual internal audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk or control concerns identified by management or the Audit Committee,
and submits that plan including the resource requirements for the year to the Vice President – Internal Audit for review and recommendation to the Audit Committee for approval.
Reports to the Vice President – Internal Audit, at the required intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other ad-hoc activity as required.
1.2. Evaluates and assesses significant new or changing services, processes, operations and control processes during their development and/or implementation.
1.3. Reports significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities including potential improvements to those processes.
1.4. Builds and maintains relationships with leaders across the Organization to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organization as a whole and assist in carrying out recommendations.
1.5. Conducts research on audit related topics such as ERM, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Data Analytics & Sarbanes-Oxley to ensure best practices are followed.
1.6. Performs all responsibilities without impairing the independence of the internal audit function and providing independent and objective assurance reports to Vice President- Internal Audit for presentation to the Audit Committee.
2. Administrative Aspect
2.1. Oversees the internal audit team of approximately.
2.2. Manages and conducts internal audit engagements to determine effective/efficient internal processes, compliance with policies and procedures, reliability of financial data, and proper recording of transactions and other key control objectives identified.
3. Ad Hoc
3.1. Performs tasks and/or fulfill responsibilities that may be assigned by management and/or immediate superior as the business operations required.
1. More than 10 years’ experience in broad based accounting, auditing and business experience through public or industry sector.
2. Significant experience in senior Internal Audit roles.
3. More than 5 years of management experience (leadership of managing a team of professional auditors)
4. More than 6 years of experience in the gaming and hospitality industry. Exposure to junket environment in Macau is highly preferred.
5. Sarbanes Oxley 3 years of experience and preferred listed company and regulatory experience, ideally a US listed company.
6. Large company systems exposure; and Cyber security & Data Analytics audit experience is highly preferred.
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting and Certification as a Public Accountant (CPA) is required. MBA, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and CISA designation is desirable.
III. Skills / Competencies
1. Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels of management, staff, external auditors, Audit Committee and others.
2. Strong English communication skills both verbal and written.
Get email alerts for the latest"Director, Internal Audit & Internal Control Compliance (Based in Manila) jobs in Philippines"