The school pay competitive salaries, gratuity, airfare (for teacher only) and provide housing, medical insurance (teacher and dependants), and professional development plus tuition for up to two staff children. https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/london/shanghai
The curriculum is based on the National Curriculum for England and also the IB Diploma and offers education from Pre-Kindergarten through to 18 years of age. Pupils take IGCSE and then IB Diploma examinations. The school brings together the best elements of Eastern and Western cultures and is known for their Chinese language and cultural programmes and co-Teacher/co-Principal structure.
With a lively expat community and bars, restaurants, night-life, shopping and culture to rival any large cosmopolitan city, Shanghai truly does offer something for everyone!
Please speak with your Edvectus consultant today about this amazing opportunity.
For more information on China, please see http://www.edvectus.com/Content/Documents/TheEdvectusEducator.An.Introduction.to.China.pdf
- Number Of Students:
- Over 2400 across 5 campuses
- Student Make Up:
- Over 40 nationalities including Chinese
- Regional Info:
- Shanghai is the largest city (by population) in China - and the world - with 24 million inhabitants.Located in the East of China at the mouth of the Yangtze River it is a major Economic and transport hub and a popular tourist destination. Shanghai is easily accessible by road, rail and air and the airport is one of the busiest in Asia offering local and international flights. With a lively expat community and bars, restaurants, nightlife, shopping and culture to rival any large cosmopolitan city, Shanghai also enjoys four distinct seasons with cold winters (down to about 1 degrees in January) and warm summers (enjoying an average high of about 31 degrees in July). Shanghai truly does offer something for everyone! For more information about China, please see the following: http://www.edvectus.com/Content/Documents/TheEdvectusEducator.An.Introduction.to.China.pdf Edvectus Shanghai Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xek2liDkF10 China's Rich & Famous - Rich Lifestyle- Piers Morgan on Shanghai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNG3I3-3TdI Shanghai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKcZnX5liY Shanghai Travel Video Guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFv-Zeh4Akg
- Tax Rate:
- Taxes typically 16-25%
- 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom
- Flights- every 2 years, Gratuity or end of service bonus, Housing - provided, Housing- allowance, Medical or Health insurance, Professional development allowance, Tuition - free for dependants
- Suited To:
- Activity-typical land sporting types, Climate -moderate, Infrastructure - Highly developed, Unmarried partners - suitable, Urban, Westernised - highly, Westernised - moderately, Women - not restrictive
- Minimum Years Experience:
- Curriculum Experience Required:
- Strongly prefer it
- Will Accept Newly Qualified Teachers:
- Visa Restriction:
- 2 years post qualification teaching exp requd, Younger than 60
" Shanghai is a very easy city in which to relocate! There is something for everyone and a large expat community in which you can be involved compared to other cities in China. The school makes you feel welcome immediately. On my first day I had felt like I had been here for years already. Very helpful in providing a comfortable transition."
Get email alerts for the latest"Early Years Resource Teacher (Puxi) - Shanghai, China - August 2020 jobs in China"