Engineering Lead - Digital Health Start-Up
BCG Digital VenturesMunichUpdate time: December 3,2019
BCG Digital Ventures, a start-up incubator, is building an innovative digital business with support from a pharmaceutical company specialising in rare major diseases. The funding for the startup has been committed to 5 years with a plan for 5 additional years after that.
We're building a product that will transform patient experience and long term outcomes. In a market ripe for disruption, we have plans to aggressively grow and capture a majority market share, initially in Europe, with plans to scale up to 20 people by 2020.
We're looking for a Lead Engineer to join our embryonic team, reporting into the Head of Product - someone who will collaborate with peers across design and the business to build a great product. The role will involve defining, articulating and executing technology strategy; building and shaping a ground-breaking product; and hiring, growing and mentoring a high calibre team of engineers.
What will the role involve?
- Leading the engineering team to deliver using Agile methodologies
- Overseeing architecture and technology design
- Hands-on development - working with Ruby on Rails and/or iOS/Android native development
- Regularly contributing to sprint planning and release management
- Hands on leadership and mentorship, nurturing and growing the engineering team
- Defining best practices for software development, quality assurance and build pipeline in a highly regulated environment
- Collaborating with peers in design and product to build an excellent, ground-breaking product
What are we looking for?
- Fluency in English is a must
- Understating of CI/CD tools, ideally CircleCI for building, testing and deploying containers and Fastlane for deploying native apps
- Experience running infrastructure on AWS and knowledge of containers and Fargate/ECS a strong plus
- Understanding of CI/CD tools especially CircleCI for building, testing and deploying containers
- Experience leading high performance cross-functional back-end/native apps teams
- Experience scaling products, overseeing their build from pre-launch through to maturity
- A strong communicator who can mentor and inspire their team, as well as influence their peers
- Experience building in a regulated industry, ideally healthcare, and dealing with the security and regulatory concerns
- Ideally, proven rigour in documenting decisions with a medical device registration in mind
Get email alerts for the latest"Engineering Lead - Digital Health Start-Up jobs in Munich"