At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about finance & business strategy. This role will operate as a financial and operational partner to the Heads of Medical Affairs, Access Strategy, Insights & Analytics, Precision Medicine & Nurse Education, Cross Franchise Strategy & Planning, Corporate Affairs, and Oncology Training & Development, contributing to business decisions with high quality financial and commercial advice and analysis. Your passion and experience in the following areas will be key:
- Supporting an ambitious profitable growth agenda and enabling cross-functional trade-off decisions and optimal resource allocation to drive the business strategy.
- Proactivity in all processes and activities related to the financial planning, reporting, and communications of all functions to ensure a culture of strong financial governance, control, and compliance.
- Developing financial strategies to support functional growth & productivity objectives and drive cost discipline / efficiency / synergy.
- Leading the financial planning & analysis of Direct Brand Expense (DBE) and Manpower investments for all functions across RBUs (Rolling Business Update) and MTPs (Mid-Term Plan), to ensure effective resource allocation aligned with US Oncology strategic priorities.
- Leading the month end close and accrual process. Working directly with all functional teams on expense tracking, forecasting, and management to achieve financial targets.
- Analyzing performance variances and drivers. Providing course correction recommendations to meet functional financial goals and objectives.
- Ensuring a high degree of financial budget ownership across the functional teams. Providing financial process training and implementing process improvements as needed.
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations to senior management for expense & performance management and financial forecasts. Supporting ad-hoc requests and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years related work experience in accounting, finance, or business analysis
- Strong Excel (e.g. Pivot Table, VLOOKUP etc.) and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient with Hyperion (or similar FP&A applications e.g. TM1) and SAP
- Ability to exercise good judgment and draw conclusions from less than certain data
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical thinking – ability to collate & analyze data and identify key drivers
- Strategic thinking and influencing – provides independent challenge
- Focus on delivery – works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines
- Attention to detail – clear, accurate and consistent outputs both financial and verbal
- Flexibility - to respond to fast changing business needs on short notice
- Presentation and communication skills - to be able to present both impactful and easily understandable financial data and associated recommendations to a financial and non-financial audience
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modelling skills
- Finance Business Partnering skills – ability to engage with non-finance professionals and distil complex financial viewpoints to promote understanding
- Ability to interact and engage with senior leaders
- Experience of working in a global organization, preferably within the pharmaceuticals industry, and knowledge of the drug development life cycle and commercial aspects of the industry
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and liaising with senior managers leaders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral & written
- Good understanding of functional cost drivers
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Get email alerts for the latest"Finance Manager, Medical Affairs and Above Franchise Functions, US Oncology jobs in Us - gaithersburg - md"