As Finance & VAT Manager you will be responsible for all VAT and transactional tax matters for Bentley’s international operations (outside North America), as well as taking full controller ownership over Bentley Ireland, a main international location of Bentley outside the United States.
As VAT Manager (approximately 50% of your time), you will provide VAT and transactional tax expertise to and collaborate with various internal stakeholders and ensure Bentley’s current and future commercial offerings and associated billings outside North America are compliant with the respective transactional tax regulations. As a Finance Manager of Bentley Ireland (approximately 50% of your time), you will be responsible for overseeing the application of Bentley’s accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and Irish requirements. This position has significant interaction across the Bentley organization such as, Bentley’s international financial operations organization, based in Ireland, the corporate and international controllership functions in the United States and Netherlands, respectively, as well as various regional finance teams. You will report into the Finance Manager EMEA & LA.
The nature of this role will require developing a deep understanding of Bentley’s business and various commercial models. The successful candidate is an ambitious person and team player alike, has a solid technical accounting background, experience with VAT in an international context covering multiple countries or areas, is experienced with control requirements of publicly traded companies, has a deep understanding of US GAAP and IFRS, brings strong interpersonal and communication skills and will enjoy working in the multicultural environment of a global tech leader.
- Executing Bentley Ireland group and statutory financial reporting closing and ensure compliance with group (US GAAP and IFRS) and statutory accounting policies.
- Perform/oversee monthly financial and accounting analysis.
- Partner with the Intercompany Controller in Exton on the accurate accounting of intercompany contracts.
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts.
- Establish an onsite first responder for finance and VAT related matters.
- Closely work together with the Finance Director, Tax Director and other Finance Managers on international transactional tax requirements. Proactively work with the business and corporate functions to identify VAT risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with various business groups as new commercial offerings are developed and provide guidance on transactional tax treatment.
- Work together with regional finance teams on international transactional tax compliance by reviewing cross boarder commercial offerings (inside and outside the EU) for accurate VAT treatment.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and/or arranging for the timely submission of all VAT returns together with other VAT compliance related matters (e.g. Intrastats, EC Sales Lists) for the European entities.
- Review VAT transactions for accuracy. Collaborate with the business and accounts payable group as to the proper VAT accounting on purchases. Pursue a data quality culture of right source and minimal corrections.
- Participate in VAT audits and liaise with external auditors to evaluate new arrangements.
- Establish a transactional tax risk assessment and risk mitigation plan
- Document VAT related processes & Controls. Establish white papers and other documentation in support of Bentley VAT and transactional tax positions for current and future commercial offerings. Consult with outside specialists as needed
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in all the different jurisdictions Bentley operates outside North America.
What You Bring to The Team:
- University or higher education degree in taxation, business accounting or Economy.
- Chartered Accountant is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years-experience in a similar role related to tax, accounting, reporting or audit required.
- A background in the software industry, a finance shared service center and/ or a
US GAAP International company is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of international accounting and reporting requirements (IFRS and US GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of financial control requirements, such as SOX 404 requirements in the US.
- Experience in cooperation with teams in a multicultural environment.
- Can-do, role-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Change agent who consistently challenges the status quo and drives improvements to processes, controls and systems.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills; fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Software technology industry preferred, but not required
- SAP knowledge preferred, but not required
What We Offer:
- A great team and culture – please see our Recruitment Video.
- An exciting career as an integral part of a world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- The opportunity to work within a global and diversely international team.
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
- Colleague Recognition Awards.
Who We Are:
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million, in 172 countries. www.bentley.com
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bentley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.
Get email alerts for the latest"Finance & VAT Manager jobs in Dublin 2"