Global C&T Future Technology Scientist, Birstall
Salary: £ 26,500 – 30,000 (+ bonus & benefits)
The role of the job holder will be to deliver new product technology projects from an idea to proof of principle and demonstrate technical feasibility to enable the initiation of global Innovation projects and unlock novel product designs for the global Care and Treats market. This will be achieved by driving a certain number of new technology projects or workstreams guided and supported by the line manager and technical mentors and taking into consideration the key technology developments within C&T and in the external world. Those projects may be typically building on existing technologies or include novel technical approaches or knowledge being generated outside Mars C&T.
What are we looking for?
- University degree in science, food technology or other related technical discipline.
- Entry level role - no formal experience required but relevant work experience desirable.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Familiar with scientific literature tools.
- Good command in English (verbally and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, e.g. communication, building collaborative relationships.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Delivery of projects or work-streams within the Future Technology programme by meeting the agreed project milestones and end goals for new product technology projects.
- Developing product and process solutions from initial concepts which deliver to defined consumer & customer benefits.
- Responsible for up-to-date raw material, recipe, product and process engineering expertise where relevant.
- Technical delivery of medium technical complexity work-streams, effectively managing delivery to time, cost and quality whilst working with and influencing key stakeholders. Responsible for effective project and risk management.
- Supporting the Innovation teams for product and process development solutions within specified product concepts. Responsible for understanding and applying pet nutritional needs / Waltham science guidelines, legal legislation and food & people safety considerations to developments.
- Being informed of technological, innovation and business trends, competitive set, trade customers, equipment suppliers and be able to match & apply to new Technology projects.
- Working on continuous personal development regarding the latest in raw materials, recipes and process technologies in order to remain informed about the most up-to-date technical standards.
- Communication (both written and verbal) of key project breakthroughs and findings.
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pets’ enjoyment is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 9th of August 2021
Get email alerts for the latest"Global Care & Treats Future Technology Scientist jobs in West yorkshire"