Requisition ID: 261924
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP HANA Database is the basis for new, ground-breaking SAP applications and is widely agreed to be a highly valuable asset in the SAP software portfolio. In-memory computing is made possible through recent technology advances in main memory, multi-core processing, and data management. It leverages technology innovation to establish real-time analysis of business data and combines both transactions and analytics to improve existing business processes with a dramatic increase in performance. The SAP HANA Database as basis for the in-memory computing shows enormous promise as a key driver for the SAP market of the future.
The SAP HANA Database team develops an engine that performs parallel in-memory processing of huge data sets to offer extremely fast real-time responses for analytic queries.
An essential part of this team is the Quality Assurance team, which is responsible for the SAP HANA DB Development Support and the quality of the SAP HANA DB. As quality specialist in SAP Hana database development you will support customers and stakeholders in close collaboration with our core database developers.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
We require that you meet the core competencies and skills listed below.
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of database architectures; LINUX skills and experience
- Familiar with debugging and analyzing complex problems
- Programming languages: Good knowledge of SQL, Python, Shell-Scripting, C++, ABAP
- Eagerness to improve quality of complex software and ability to work well in close teamwork in an distributed team over several international locations
- Excellent written and oral English communication
- Experience with Cloud technology (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP)
A plus will be skills in
- SAP Products and Solutions
- Global customer support in English
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Quality Specialist you will be working in the development support team of SAP HANA Platform together with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues.
Your tasks will also include:
- Debug complex database engine and Hana platform problems of customers and SAP internal stakeholders
- Close cooperation with development: Align customer requirements with SAP Hana development
- Provide reproducible scenarios of customer issues to developers
- Analyze performance and scalability of the SAP HANA database
- Communicate issues with front-office support or customer
- Provide feedback to and work hand-in-hand with development to continuously improve supportability features and the documentation
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Get email alerts for the latest"HANA Core Development Support Engineer Job jobs in Xi 'an"