The Platform Architect Manager is a first-line management role on the Platform Architecture team that is responsible for building a world-class Regional Platform Architect team, process excellence, and account strategies to achieve the Tanzu revenue targets in partnership with the regional sales directors. This role is in partnership with the Regional Field Leadership. Proactive and continuous learning and networking skills are required to be successful in this role given the rapid evolution of both VMware and the market. In addition to managing and growing a talented team, you will also be required to engage with and manage customers and prospects through long complicated sales cycles.
At the end of the day you and your team of Solution Engineers will help our clients build better software better. There will never be a typical day at VMware and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client sales cycles are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be a part of a pre-sales team that is highly collaborative taking on today’s biggest and most complex business and technology challenges. VMware will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity.
VMware has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries build, run, and manage software better. We are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement
- Manage a team of 6-10 Solution Engineers
- Instill process excellence in all facets of the business including account logs and POC processes
- Qualify and prioritize team activities
- Define and monitor progress on development plans for Solution Engineers
- Responsible for hiring and development process of the Solution Engineering team
- Partner with the regional sales manager to set technical account strategy for all Tanzu opportunities in the Region
- Establish and continue deep technical awareness around the Tanzu product line and the surrounding ecosystem
- Lead from the front by directly engaging the client-facing activities. Present VMware and Tanzu value proposition, customer stories, and represent the company as a senior technical leader.
- Engage with VMware’s engineering teams to help develop solutions patterns based on customer engagements and your personal experience that will guide product adoption.
- Build a sense of trust with customers and serve as their advocate within VMware
- Experience leading highly distributed presales teams
- Strong networking skills both internally with sales and product team and externally with clients and the community
- Detail-oriented, process-focused and driven for rapid completion of tasks
- Passion about mentoring and developing other team members
- Must have effective communication, listening, and presenting skills as well as Customer Focus and a strong desire to work in the field
- Ability and strong desire to learn new skills and technologies; a strong self-learner
- 5-10 years of experience in postgraduate technology-related work, such as Application Development in IT or Engineering, Pre-sales Engineering or as a customer-facing Consultant
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% within the continental US and Canada.
- Software Development (programming) Experience. In Java, C#, GO, Scala, Node.JS, Ruby, Groovy, and/or Python (not just scripting)
- Minimum of 2 years experience or certification in AWS, Azure, VSphere, or Google Cloud Platform
- Prior experience with Virtualization Software. Experience with DevOps, IaaS, and/or PaaS is nice to have.
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes is highly desired. CKAD / CKA certification a big plus but not a requirement for the role
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-03-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Get email alerts for the latest"Manager, Platform Architecture jobs in Chicago"