What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Join AMD’s team of highly skilled professionals in managing the quality performance of key manufacturing partners and suppliers in the production of our leading-edge Game Console, Graphics, Server and CPU products. Our presence in region gives this supplier quality engineer exposure to multiple AMD product development teams and manufacturing operation teams, in addition to our critical manufacturing partners and suppliers. This team partners with AMD Manufacturing Team and Procurement Team to drive our Suppliers proactively work towards AMD quality expectations and requirements.
As a member of our Manufacturing Quality Engineering team, you will be a critical part of realizing AMD virtual integrated manufacturing with responsibilities that include:
- Be direct quality interface with suppliers of TMP (Testing, Marking and Packing) service to AMD.
- Implement quality metrics to drive end-to-end continuous improvement.
- Ensure that TMP suppliers have developed and executed manufacturing quality/test control plan to insure compliance of product established specifications.
- Drive systematic supplier performance improvement plans for reducing quality defects.
- Drive SPC compliance and improvement projects to reduce out of control conditions.
- Conduct audits at suppliers’ sites and participate in supplier evaluations.
- Train and develop supplier to comply to AMD’s quality methodologies – 8D methodology/3-5-why analysis, responding to non-conformances, corrective action system, change management system.
- Manage customer and internal quality issues and escalation, driving supplier root cause and corrective and preventive actions using 8D approach/3-5-why analysis.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Semiconductor Manufacturing/Product/Quality Engineering with minimum of 3 years in supplier quality of bump, assembly and testing product experience are strongly preferred.
- Experience in setting up and managing Supplier Quality and Supplier Management processes.
- Supplier Auditor/Internal Auditor certification preferred. ISO9001, IATF16949, VDA6.3 etc.
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Capable to work independently and work with other groups to provide solution
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Required Degree: BS
- Preferred Degree: MS
- Preferred Major: Electrical Engineering
Requisition Number: 74617
Country: China State: JiangSu City: Suzhou
Job Function: Product Engineering
Get email alerts for the latest"Manufacturing Quality Engineering jobs in Suzhou"