VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a member of the VMware Cloud on AWS Sales Engineering team you will help customers to understand their business challenges and IT priorities in an effort to design cloud solutions that will transform the way they deliver IT services.
This team's primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware’s Cloud partner ecosystem. Together, we will design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures for our customers. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware’s strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
- Working as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team, you will hold responsibility for technical engagements, while maintaining a laser-focus on client success. While the opportunities to contribute to the success of the team are vast, the fundamental responsibilities of your role will include:
- Crafting a customized VMware Cloud on AWS solution through activities such as running strategy & discovery workshops
- Deeply understanding our customers' needs by engaging in client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team
- Working with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders to create the best solution to fit the customer’s cloud architecture.
- Partnering with customers to become a trusted advisor on their Digital Transformation journey
- With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Build robust cloud solutions, meeting business & technical objectives
- You will present VMware’s holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings
- You will develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- You will need to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware’s cloud strategy
- Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud on AWS solution against business/IT needs
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware’s cloud platform.
- You will work within a team to drive account planning with the customer vision, use case and outcomes
- You will be responsible for effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- You will participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware’s cloud strategy
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
- You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
- Be flexible to travel, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for people who love to win, have strong social skills and an inquiring mind. The ideal candidate will have…
- Proven Technical acumen and knowledge in relevant area and consistently stays updated on current industry trends and the market
- Excellent listening and discovery skills and the ability to process and manage information, effectively using it to present engaging solutions to customers.
- Ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution.
- Ability to develop, influence and use collaborative strategic relationships/partnerships to build and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates passion, self-awareness, curiosity and commitment to their own success as well as the business and their team.
- Takes responsibility for achieving goals and capable of working on their own initiative
Preferred Skills (Advantageous)
- Bring deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases to the table.
- Will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps.
- Have a Deep knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF),IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Get email alerts for the latest"Presales Cloud Solution Architect - VMWware on AWS jobs in Sydney"