A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Senior Principal Scientist develops and leads the China strategy of oral health, nutrition, health and claims initiatives with global guidance, policy and process.
The position applies knowledge in nutrition, health and claims sciences to leverage benefits of our current/new products, and performs a variety of other tasks to review and gain approval for heathy claims, defend benefit claims, and maintain claims knowledge systems and databases for China region for MW.
HEALTH AND NUTRITION
- Develops and communicates science-based information and positions, and provides scientific guidance to internal Mars Wrigley stakeholders (R&D, Science and Technology, Corporate Affairs, Legal, Senior Management) on oral health, ingredients, nutrition, claims, and emerging scientific and regulatory issues of interest to MW.
- Leads the management of scientific issues for MW China. Strongly connected with MW SRA Center/ regional teams, MW H&W, other Mars businesses and corporate team, the Senior Principal Scientist ensures that issues, trends, risks and opportunities are appropriately communicate to relevant R&D function and leaders, to help guide the business.
- Develops and maintains strong scientific networks, and works with MW SRA Center/ regional teams, MW H&W, Government Relation Service Center -One Mars China team (GRSC) to establish science policy and influence scientific opinions, external scientific environment and key opinion leaders that benefit and further the company’s innovation and growth strategies for China region.
- Manages scientific (oral health, nutrition and claims) programs related to products, ingredients, functional ingredients, and other new technologies by working cross-functionally within MWC, as well as with consultants and external inter-industry group
- Leads scientific aspects of MWC claims strategy for China profolio, provides leadership and guidance across the SRA function and the business for China region. Participates actively in the development of new concept, claims and communication.
- Directs MW China claims review and approval activities and provide / support for product innovation projects and product marketing initiatives. Active participant of MWC Claims Community of Practice, is a regional resource to other regional SRA associates to ensure timely support for claims projects in China region.
- Supports R&D teams by providing scientific guidance and consultation on proposed products and ingredients to assure that they meet nutritional guidelines, and desired labeling claims, and obtain approvals for ingredients and product claims.
- Provides regional governance to ensure compliance to MWC and Mars global standards and polices related to health, nutrition and claims.
LEADERSHIP and EXPERTISE
- Provides regional strategic advice, solutions and technical expertise to regional SRA teams, R&D and regional guidelines and policies and ensure governance and compliance to these and other Mars policies.
- Keeps abreast of key developments in health and nutrition via literature reviews, meeting attendance, and participation in trade association activities so that potential impact to MWC, can be examined and addressed.Leads and input complex SRA/R&D projects
1. Education & Professional Qualification
Master, PhD in Nutrition, pharmaceutical or related medical science are preference.
A solid working knowledge of food regulatory and human health issues; demonstrated track record of working successfully across functions to achieve shared goals; and proven ability to interact cross-functionally at all levels within the organization are required.
Minimum: Five years of experience with a food company.
Preferred: 10-15 years’ experience in scientific affairs / nutrition with food products and/or related product categories (such as food supplements, health foods, pharmacies) with proficiency in food law, health food and nutrition policy.
Experience working with trade associations and government agencies to clarify and resolve regulatory matters is required.
Requires 20% travel
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Get email alerts for the latest"Principle Scientist-Health & Wellness jobs in Huairou"