Requisition Number: 38099
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Initially, this position will support the factory startup, specifically to assist in installation of new equipment.
- Establish cleaning/washing process and document process settings and revise as conditions change.
- Participate in developing and implementing manufacturing processes washing/ cleaning process for different products.
- Monitor process data against performance expectations. Work with operations team to correct.
- Lead experiments and performance improvement projects to achieve target goal, including product quality, yield, uptime, lowest cost and capacity.
- Performance tracking and analysis
- Process capability such as CPK
- Trouble shoot when performance is below expectation, including materials analysis. Support process restarts after maintenance.
- Do professional root cause analysis on the cleaning failures and provide the solving solution .
- Assess risks of cleaning/washing chemical application in engineering, technologies and manufacturing. Recommend suitable substitutes for industrial application.
- Be the technical leader in the plant for cleaning/washing process. Work with equipment engineers to optimize process/equipment interactions. Work with other process areas to identify process interactions.
- Train operators, shift leaders, managers, and other engineers.
- Weekend and shift coverage is requirement as needed.
- Bachelor degree and above in area of Chemistry /Chemical Engineering/Materials Engineering etc.
- ~3+ years working experience in Glass and Semiconductor cleaning/washing.
- Solid knowledge on glass surface properties and surface characterization.
- Solid knowledge on glass surface cleaning/ washing process and fundamentals
- Strong problem solving/analysis skills
- Strong communication skill to work with different multi-functions department with different culture
- Presentation and technical writing skills to enable communication within the program team, internal, and external customers
- Self-starter, passionate about engineering and have a high level of technical curiosity.
- Dedicated, open to new ideas and recognized for your flexibility to change
- Understanding of equipment mechanical operations and control
- Proficient in English and Mandarin. Good written and oral skills are essential.
- Understanding of DMAIC, Lean and Six-Sigma methods and tools
- Experience working in glass /ceramic production environment, cleaning room environment.
- Working experience in automotive glass or electronic glass is a plus.
Employee Referral Level 3
Get email alerts for the latest"Process EngineerProcess Engineer jobs in Hefei"