Job Role Summary
Quality Assurance Supervisor (QAS) monitors and verifies Procurement and Site Quality activities executed by a third party inspector in a vendor shop or an EPC contractor in a project. These activities take place at the selected supplier’s facilities, contractor’s offices or field sites. The QAS provides quality assurance and quality control technical expertise to assist the internal clients (manufacturing sites) to successfully implement the approved quality plan and control procedures to ensure that equipment and materials supplied to and installed at the job site meet all purchase order, specification and statutory requirements.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide consulting / review of contractor engineering and quality assurance work activities
- Provide proactive quality and technical consulting services and expertise in the areas of contractor screening, quality system and program development, quality / inspection planning / execution
- Participate in bid slate development for capital projects by providing vendor intelligence to a project team
- Assess vendor inspection / surveillance resources and performance.
- Independently perform process plant equipment inspection at vendor's manufacturing facility and assess vendor's quality assurance control programs.
- Review mechanical specification and engineering Request for Quotation (RFQ) for quality assurance and inspection requirements
- Conduct or make a request for detailed quality assessments where needed to determine vendor manufacturing capability and ability to perform to specification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Engineering in Mechanical, Materials or other related technical field
- Overall minimum six years of experience with:
o Minimum three years of experience as an employee for refinery or petrochemical or fertilizer company or offshore platform in Plant inspection / Maintenance / Engineering / Revamp projects.
o Minimum three years of experience associated with Quality Management and coordination in engineering, construction, commissioning or start-up activities in Revamp / Retrofit / Brownfield / Greenfield projects in oil and gas industry.
- Extensive knowledge, skill and experience in construction activities
- Worldwide experience with contractors and suppliers is preferred
- Have a knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI and other industry standards
- Extensive knowledge of welding processes, non-destructive procedures / testing, shop and field fabrication experience
- Formal technical, quality assurance and auditor / assessor training is preferred
- Fluent in English with strong management, leadership and communication skills
- Flexible to travel both domestically and internationally to support business needs
Get email alerts for the latest"Quality Assurance Supervisor jobs in Singapore"