SD-WAN has grown up. Enterprises are moving from just trying and testing SD-WAN to a full scale rollout. Do you want to join a global team of dynamic, self-starter network engineers who want to lead our clients and partners in deploying this next-generation WAN technology? We want you to join us on a journey to transform some of the largest enterprise WAN networks in the world.
This is a highly technical, hands-on role, as you will be the primary contact for our clients and partners supporting the SD-WAN deployment and rollout. You will work with VMware sales, partners and customer network architects to develop the detailed network design, and successfully carry out the deployment and cutover. You will solve potentially complex network problems which span beyond just SD-WAN and take it all the way to resolution. You will also take the practical, real world learning and help us further improve our products and usability.
Area of focus:
- Assist Partner in High Level Design (HLD) and SD-WAN Low Level Design (LLD)
- Review & audit configuration to ensure VMware standard methodologies are followed
- Review or assist in defining cutover plan and participate in the pre-cutover calls
- Design, build, and maintain deployment labs for validating designs and reproducing issues. Assist in developing design guides.
- Support cutover as requested (after hours possible)
- Track the deployment progress (number of sites, software releases). Recommend and plan software upgrade as necessary.
- Review changes in customers requirements, feature needs, and communicate with account team and product management
- Tackle challenging network issues which may span multiple network devices and not just SD-WAN
- Develop or provide feedback for tools to assist in deployment
- Enjoy traveling and interacting with various functions in VMware clients and partners such as project manager, network engineers, director of network architecture, and CIO
- Network Industry Certification such as CCIE or equivalent
- Practical experiences of routing design and implementation using OSPF and BGP
- 7+ years of experience supporting or deploying WAN technologies, data centers networking, and network security in the enterprise production network
- General understanding of enterprise networking design and architecture such as WAN Edge, Core, and Internet Edge
- Hands on experiences with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise network, including routers, switches, firewall, VPN concentrator, Wireless LAN, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux and network analysis tools such as iptables, tcpdump, traceroute, etc.
- Virtualization experience with VMware and KVM.
- Cloud service experience including AWS and Azure
- Ability to pick up and learn new things, be autonomous, and be creative in solving complex problems.
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Customer Support, Deployment Engineer, or Network Engineers
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to quickly build rapport, establish trust and credibility with VMware clients and partners
- Ability to manage multiple parallel projects, ensure on-time delivery, and report progress and status to executives
- Programming or scripting knowledge, e.g. python is a plus
- Ability to travel both domestic and international
- BS Computer Science or related Engineering degree preferred
You will engage a multi-functional team regularly which includes Technical Account Manager, Systems Engineer, Solution Architect, Product Managers, and Support Engineers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from VMware clients and partners. These include, but are not limited to Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
This position is eligible for the JoinSDDC referral campaign
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Get email alerts for the latest"SD-WAN Partner Architect jobs in Singapore"