Requisition Number: 38109
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Collect input for screen design systematically and structurally from internal and external partners.
• Contribute to all phases of screen design, film design and making, screen making, screen storage, screen print. Perform a full lifecycle screen development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture, implement and storage).
• Setup and optimize screen making equipment in order to improve efficiencies, increase capacity and reduce costs.
• Seeks best value solutions balancing new versus rebuilt equipment, existing and new technologies.
• Investigates, tests, and validates new technology and equipment.
• Play a key role in high quality screen making and lead internal screen readiness including screen process and materials, such as frame mesh, emulsion, film, etc.
• Establish standard of screen inspection and raw materials IQC.
• Own and drive the overall screen management and oversee action plan at launch to address key process/quality/productivity improvements.
• Lead PCPD of screen making process, including degreasing, drying, coating, exposure, washing, storage.
• Report out the issues with professional data analysis and clear logical process. • Write technical Brief and Engineering documents, establish engineering or operational work instructions; develop training materials and provide direction to partner engineers and coach operators.
• Work closely with internal/external engineering team and quality team, to make sure screen can meet our requirement.
• Do professional root cause analysis on the screen failures and provide the solving solution • Consultation providing from technical point of view to high level decision makers base on his/her competence and responsibility
Project involved with:
• Develop/specify new capable screen making system
• Estimate budget and scope of project Training:
• Learning & Development is more than just training, provide multiple channels including Instructor-led Training, On-the-job Learning, Reading Assignments and Group Discussions, Online Training, Coaching, action Learning Project, Self-studying
• Technical trainings via internal trainings couching/sharing, outside training and project practices
• Other skills trainings provided as needs
Education & Experience
• Bachelor degree and above in area of chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, material engineering and etc
• ~5 + years screen print experience
• Fundamental knowledge of Screen print engineering and production engineering
• Experience in screen making industry.
• Understands and experience in screen making equipment (Stretching machine, coater, exposure, oven, film, emulsion, etc), and physical properties and understand the relative cost.
• Experience with screen quality and measurement device, such as tension device, visual inspection .
• Good knowledge of electronic glass or automotive glass is preferred
• Good communication skill and project management skill
• Can work independently and play positive role in team, show promising characters of creativeness, persuading ability
• Fluent English in listening, speaking and writing
• Familiar with problem solving and statistic data analysis methodology.
• Use rigorous processes and data to solve problems. Uses a systematic approach to drive to root cause understanding of problems to assure validity of corrective action
• Skill in software of Windows Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
• Capability to assess and prioritize work load
• Able to work independently and directly to scope out project scope, identify project requirements and deliverables, satisfy their objectives and timelines with a minimal amount of supervision
. • Report and presentation skill.
• Safety awareness.
• Comply totally with local regulations and laws and follow site EHS rules/ process Desired Skills
• Power & controls for packing systems • Excellent Project management skill is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese.
• Experience in implementing DMAIC methodology and leading 6-sigma project.
• Working experience in automotive glass or electronic glass is a plus.
Soft Skills • Operates with discipline, set objectives, target timing and task priorities; follow through to meet commitments
• Strong ownership of achieving goal
• Sense of urgency and creativity to meet objectives
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
• Positive working attitude in team
• Good coordination and communication skills
• Conflict solving skills
• Creative thinking skills
• Target and schedule oriented
Employee Referral level: 3
Get email alerts for the latest"Screen EngineerScreen Engineer jobs in Hefei"