Career CategoryMedical Services
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and demonstrates its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Every year, Amgen is included on numerous best employers’ lists worldwide, as we understand that our success rests on attracting and retaining the best talent.
Our European Hub based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland is comprised of highly qualified professionals from a variety of cultural backgrounds, whose efforts are primarily centered on marketing our products in the region.
We are currently seeking a Medical Communications Senior Associate for our Hematology/Oncology team. The successful candidate will mainly focus on supporting regional Medical Communications external programs & events, as well as internal meetings & tasks, through project management aligned with regional medical strategy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the generation, release and regular update of Medical Communications Plans
- Support the review, adaptation and release of global or region-specific scientific content (i.e. slide decks, videos)
- Support production and maintenance of printed materials and digital/multichannel tools
- Support execution of the regional strategy for Tier-1, 2 & 3 congresses, through congress deliverables & activities, including Medical Affairs booth, and satellite symposia
- Support the planning, organizing, and running of standalone educational events
- Provide input for the development of innovative Medical Communications strategies and channels
- Support the organization and execution of regional Medical Communications advisory board meetings
- Support the organization and execution of EU Hub Medical Communications team meetings, and EU Hub – affiliates exchange meetings.
- Ensure budget oversight, handling of Purchase Orders and invoices
- Provide input aimed at optimization of Amgen processes
- Support organization and execution of Medical Communications awareness campaigns
- Track and communicate Key Performance Indicators (e.g. concerning events, tools, websites)
- Master or PhD degree in Sciences with 1 or more years of meaningful experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs and/or project management within the (bio)pharmaceutical industry and/or hematology/oncology therapeutic area (other degrees may be considered)
- Experience with the use / development / implementation of innovative communication tools and channels
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and presenting on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with strong ability for self-direction
- Demonstrated track record of project management execution in a matrix environment with limited supervision
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Keen to develop understanding of disease area, treatment landscape and clinical data
- Prior experience of successfully managing projects
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products
- Multilingual, proficiency in English is a must have
Are you keen on contributing to improve patients' lives?
Does this sound like the perfect next step in your career?
If you answer both questions with yes, please submit your application online.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients...
Get email alerts for the latest"Senior Associate Medical Communications jobs in Switzerland - rotkreuz"