With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Finance Manager, Openings - GCM, you woul be responsible for managing the hotel preopening process as assigned, and be responsible for coordinating with on-property leaders to deliver successful hotel openings. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Be the first point of contact with Owners during preopening prior to appointment of Financial Controller to deal with finance related issues.
- Engage with local government and tax authorities to establish / facilitate the local requirements for licensing, company setup, and tax.
- With HR and Hotel GM, prepare hotel preopening budgets as required by management agreement.
- Support and train hotel opening finance teams in Hilton policies and systems.
- Review on a regular basis Finance preopening critical path, report progress to regional leaders and highlight potential risks.
- Provide hands on support during the systems implementation and during transition to opening phase to ensure the finance function operates as per Hilton requirements and standards.
- Provide interim coverage for preopening hotels in the absence of a hotel Financial Controller as well as advise on task force if requirements.
- Support ad-hoc projects with subject matter expertise and implementation support within the region as required, including select updating of models and preopening documentation material.
- Provide any additional support to APAC Finance and functions as determined by the Finance Leadership Team.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years as hotel Financial Controller/ Assistant Financial Controller, ideally with Hilton experience.
- Able to communicate effectively in both Mandarin and English language.
- Prior experience of hotel openings.
- Sound knowledge of Sun, ONQ, SCM / Check EAM, HRIS.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing, including ability to interact at all levels of management.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Willingness to travel – as this role will require a fair degree of traveling around the region
- Bachelor's Degree
- Finance degree holder and / or studying towards an Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc.
- A minimum of one (1) week per month is very likely but will vary in accordance to hotel opening schedule
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Senior Finance Manager, Openings - GCM
Requisition ID: APA013JW
Get email alerts for the latest"Senior Finance Manager, Openings - GCM jobs in Shanghai"