YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will have the primary responsibility of supporting global procurement efforts within the area of Chemical Raw Materials (CRM). The position will be engaged in overall category management with accountability for strategic sourcing and supplier management to secure chemicals needed for global Bayer production sites. This successful candidate will work closely with all manufacturing locations, across Supply Chain functions, global and regional Commercial teams, and the Research organization to develop sourcing strategies and implementation plans inclusive of cost targets, product quality requirements, and supplier service levels.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Global Category Manager - Chemical Raw Materials, are to:
- Supports creation and ensures implementation of a fit-for-purpose category strategy that adds significant value for the business
- Keeps up to date on category market intelligence and supply market trends to gain competitive market advantage and to make better business decisions. Identifies market trends in supply base to understand how the innovation potential can be leveraged successfully within (sub-) category.
- Analyzes and understands total cost of ownership structures for area(s) of responsibility to develop better and/or innovative pricing models.
- Translates results of category strategies, initiatives and projects into Sourcing Approaches and How Docs and aligns them with SSO and external partners.
- Establishes effective, trustful, personal relationships with key business stakeholders to set joint target agreements, aligns sourcing projects and be the contact point for all procurement related topics for his/her business stakeholder community
- Knows business strategies, objectives & demand forecast, understands & challenges resulting business requirements.
- Applies fit-for-purpose supplier management to supply base within responsibility and creates relationships with assigned strategic partners, key suppliers and selected base suppliers if required.
- Supports diversity and inclusion programs in local markets as appropriate.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BA/BS degree required in science, engineering or business management (focus on procurement beneficial) plus 10-12 years of professional business experience;
- Very Strong leadership & managerial skills at the general management level;
- Very Strong negotiation, communication, presentation, influencing & problem solving skills;
- Very Strong ability to manage virtual team environment;
- Organization, executive level, intercultural & interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated analytical decision making skills & creative thinking;
- Specific knowledge & experience of strategic procurement, quality management systems, regulatory requirements & logistics processes, principles & practices.
- MBA/MS is preferred.
Domestic Relocation Available.
Get email alerts for the latest"Senior Global Category Manager - Chemical Raw Materials jobs in "