Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
• Lead solution exploration during pre-contractual stages of strategic partnerships with potential merchants and partners.
• Create innovative, customer driven Solution Proposals and Solution Designs utilizing PayPal’s various API products.
• Identify any product/functionality gaps required to deliver a solution and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define the necessary enhancements to support delivery.
• Become a recognized technical expert with the internal product set and in identifying potential solutions for new merchant relationships.
• Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all aspects of a proposal are addressed.
• Educate the partners to implement optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices.
• Develop pitch-decks for the various products that PayPal has to offer.
• Develop Solution Design templates that can be used for future integrations with partners by other Solution Architects and Integration Engineers.
• Develop innovative prototypes using PayPal products and latest technologies in the market to demonstrate how PayPal can be leveraged to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
• Provide leadership within the team. Mentor junior engineers on solution related issues. Reviews solution design and vet solution proposals for technical viability.
• Participate with product management on direction and development on architecture.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
8+ years of experience with Internet and mobile technologies including Web Services, REST, SOAP, NVP, HTML/HTTP, iOS, Android and leading web and mobile application frameworks.
Ability to successfully interact and dynamically adapt communication styles with all levels of client organizations (C-level executives, middle management, technical and non-technical staff etc).
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Demonstrable experience with MS Office (especially PowerPoint).
Master´s degree in computer science or equivalent.
10+ years of experience with Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline), especially with ecommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors is highly valued.
5+ years of experience in Integration Engineering or Professional Services, preferably with large to enterprise-level companies engaged in ecommerce.
2+ years of experience with system discovery process, requirements gathering, systems architecture or development.
Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents.
Ability to analyze strategic objectives and define specific tactical goals required to achieve them.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Get email alerts for the latest"Senior Solution Architect jobs in San jose"