A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This role plays a critical function at the RGU Facility. Our associates at the heart of everything that we do. The Education and Training Leader supports the overall associate training program through the Education and Training Pillar.
The purpose of the Education & Training (E&T) Pillar is the deploy of an effective, efficient and integrated training system at the site, to helping build the required Associate capabilities, enabling competent performance and supporting loss reduction.
The successful candidate will provide through the E&T Pillar the skills and knowledge by designing, developing, administering, and facilitating operational training for hourly production associates to improve their technical skills and performance.
As well, the role ensures that the factory runs smoothly and supports other tasks such as associate recognition, event planning, community services, and communications.
• Develop the overall education and training program and strategies for the site
• Working closely with the site on training and coaching all associates on (Mars TPM Program) E&T standards, meeting cadence, health checks, 90-day plan, 1 year implementation plan, project charter, KPI’s and recognition, step up cards, step audits
• Working closely with different pillar leads and members to support the deployment of the (Mars TPM Program) program taking into account the changes that will incur to the workplace and the operational teams roles and responsibilities as we develop through the stages of (Mars TPM Program) that needs to be incorporated into the role profile, working closely with P&O, as we well updating the induction and training plans for new comers
• Facilitate the role profiling methodology to build clear inventories of responsibilities and required skills and knowledge to identify gaps and then use to build training course and curriculum
• Support the factory team to develop, evolve and put to practice the factory skills matrix, ensuring this is kept up to date with the outputs of Associate validation
• Ensure E&T Pillar training material and tools provided at global level are translated and available at factory level and are clearly understood
• Ensure appropriate knowledge management methodologies are applied to maintain, share and update recorded knowledge within the site’s information structure
• Facilitate the Training design and development methodology with support from the Subject Matter Experts (i.e. Operations, Safety, QF&S, etc.) in a way to drive standardization and simplification across the sites.
• Training & Coaching on all E&T processes, systems and tools
• Provide leadership, objectives, feedback, and performance coaching to all associates involved in site education and training programs, especially on the job trainers and expert trainers
• Manage Uniform Program through selected provider to ensure both uniform and supply needs are met
• Create and support framework to ensure successful onboarding for new associates according standard
• Manage all necessary plant communication i.e., Birthdays, P&O Updates, Pension, Benefits, Business Update
• Provide administrative support as required
• Other admin tasks and other duties as assigned
Context and Scope:
The successful individual will work collaboratively across all functions at the site – seeking out and supporting all training as well as staying up to date on key site activities and proactively providing support.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Education, Human Resources, or a related field
• Background in manufacturing environment
• Experience as an adult trainer
o Experience completing full training cycles (assess needs, plan, develop, monitor and adjust)
o Experience with instructional design theory and implementation
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to deal effectively with the uncertainty of change
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to inspire and work together with associates within all levels of the organization
• Ability to work with confidentiality
• Excellent computer skills with experience in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Get email alerts for the latest"Education and Training Leader jobs in Guelph"