Requisition Number: 38108
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Initially: Support setup of new production line gauges (measurement systems and inspection systems)
• Provide leadership in problem solving and technical expertise, to ensure timely trouble-shooting on gauge issues; get root cause of issues and put permanent solutions in place.
• Develop annual calibration plan and MSA plan and coordinate relevant resources to achieve MSA goal.
• Report out the issues with professional data analysis and clear logical process.
• Establish gauges’ engineering or operational work instructions; Develop training materials and provide direction to partner engineers and coach operators.
• Survey and develop/specify new capable gauges to meet the new test requirements related to glass size, reliability, optical, mechanical, etc. Or design new testing methods with existing gauges.
• Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement).
• Design new fixtures for metrology tools.
• Install/qualify new gauges/tests and release to production measurement.
• Work closely with partner to evaluate exiting gauges test capabilities/capacities and continuously improve system reliability and lower maintenance cost. • Work closely with software engineers to design gauge interfaces for operators, and database for data users.
• Work closely with internal/external engineering team and quality team, to make sure delivered measurement data are correct.
• Work with plant resources to establish PM activity for gauge and measurement systems
• Fundamental understanding of measurement systems variation.
• Minimize machine downtime, leverage plant resources for corrective and preventive actions.
• Ensure mechanical/electrical drawings, operation manuals and software packages are archived properly within the plant.
• Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
• Test and evaluate theoretical designs
• Daily maintenance of metrology tools, to ensure gauges are in correct state.
• Periodic weekend and shift coverage may become a requirement.
Project involved with:
• Design new testing methods with existing gauges
• Develop/specify new capable gauges
• Design new fixtures for metrology tools
• Estimate budget and scope of project
• Receiving inspection and measurement technologies from other departments or divisions, implement in production and performing system maintenance Training:
• Learning & Development is more than just training, provide multiple channels including Instructor-led Training, On-the-job Learning, Reading Assignments and Group Discussions, Online Training, Coaching, action Learning Project, Self-studying
• Technical trainings via internal trainings couching/sharing, outside training and project practices
• Other skills trainings provided as needs
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and above in Precise Instruments, Computer, Optical, Physics, mathematics, Mechanical & Automation or Control Engineering related.
• 3~5 + years hands on Measurement System Analysis(MSA) experience
• Basic knowledge in industry electrical, optics instrumentation (sensors, lasers etc.) and Machine Vision (lighting, lens, imaging, image processing etc.). • Familiar with Measurement System Analysis(MSA)
• Understanding of equipment mechanical and control, familiar with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, Solid Works or other), familiar phonematic solenoid design
• Experience with electrical/optical/mechanical installations, including system checkout and troubleshooting
• Base understanding of statistical analysis such as histograms, regressions, standard deviation, gauge R&R etc.
• Fix problem (based on fundamental understanding of problems) with timing, cost saving, data-driven, and detail oriented. • Familiar with problem solving and statistic data analysis methodology.
• Use rigorous processes and data to solve problems. Uses a systematic approach to drive to root cause understanding of problems to assure validity of corrective actions
• Quality concept and tool.
• Skill in software of Windows Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
• Capability to assess and prioritize work load • Able to work independently and directly to scope out project scope, identify project requirements and deliverables, satisfy their objectives and timelines with a minimal amount of supervision.
• Report and presentation skill.
• Good communication skill. • Safety awareness. Desired Skills • Skill in electrical controls: such as Inverter, Servo motor, Sensor, etc. Knowledge of Mitsubishi PLC, PC controls, can apply Siemens/Mitsubishi/Allen-Brandley systems
• Skill in pneumatics controls applications: such as vacuum generator, cylinder, solenoid valve, regulator, filters, etc. • Familiar with Optics simulation software, such as Zemax, TracePro etc. and Solid understanding of laser tech and optics
• Excellent Project management skill is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese. • Experience in implementing DMAIC methodology and leading 6-sigma project. • Programming skills in Excel VBA, VB, C++, C#.NET, Matlab, labview, Halcon, Matrox vision library is plus.
• Working experience in a test lab is a plus.
• Mechanical air bearing experience is a plus Soft Skills • Strong ownership of achieving goal
• Sense of urgency and creativity to meet objectives
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
• Positive working attitude in team
• Good coordination and communication skills
• Conflict solving skills
• Creative thinking skills
• Target and schedule oriented
• An excellent opportunity for to take up major responsibilities and meet challenges
• Provide a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program, including cash and non-cash compensation, recognition programs and employee benefits (Health Care, Pension, family Care and personal Relaxation - paid Leaves and unpaid Leaves etc.)
• Work with Global teams, Provide an open working environment Career Development Opportunities • Multi-options of career path growth as factory grows, and within Corning
• Engineering and Leadership training
• Metrology SME
• Metrology team leader
Get email alerts for the latest"Sr. Measurement EngineerSr. Measurement Engineer jobs in Hefei"