Oracle consulting is helping leading organizations around the world in the areas of Digital Transformation. We transform Business and Technology landscape to accommodate the realities of doing business in today’s global environment. To accelerate this transformation, we are looking for Project Managers to manage the delivery of Oracle Consulting’s Professional Services implementations of the Oracle Cloud Applications (SaaS).
Project Manager within Consulting: The Project Manager role is a challenging, exciting opportunity for you to manage full lifecycle Cloud Implementations while using Oracle’s True Cloud Methodology (TCM). In this role you will manage multiple cloud projects, be responsible for the successful delivery of those projects on time, on budget, and ensure reference customer. This is an incredible opportunity to help drive the strategy and successful execution of complex projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning customer-specific engagements, managing the business requirements, development, review, and sign-off process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks.
You will work with leaders in Oracle Consulting, Development, and Support focused on Oracle’s Cloud products.
Be passionately customer-focused; relentlessly pursue providing an excellent customer experience every time.
- Establish, maintain and deepen client relationships
- Successfully lead projects working effectively with client management, client business users, and IT organizations
- Plan, manage and communicate the progress of projects, achieving project milestones and maintaining project momentum for on-time & on-budget delivery
- Identify and effectively mitigate risks. Facilitate resolution of issues and escalate where appropriate
- Communicate well with all stakeholders, internal and external, including project sponsors, project managers, and project team members
- Work collaboratively with project delivery leads and project resources
- Effectively manage scope, budget, and timeline, resources, quality and customer satisfaction throughout the project
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and compliance with Oracle internal processes and procedures
- Help to expand Oracle solution footprint in installed base of existing customers. Present and promote the value of Oracle Consulting Professional Services to prospective customers.
- Overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverable, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management, and revenue/cost forecast.
- Provide day-to-day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques.
- Over 12+ years of experience relevant to this position, including 5-8 years of project/program management experience with about 5 complete end-to-end ERP Applications implementation.
- 5 years’ experience in a functional lead and/or solution architect role with domain knowledge of ERP applications.
- Strong track record of management of complex projects / Programme, implementation methodologies, project management tools e.g., MS Project, project estimation, project team management, client management and communications, and project and proposal leadership.
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers and vendors.
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
- Flexible to travel
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Advanced Degree like Masters is desirable
- PMI or other PM certifications preferred.
- Oracle provides opportunities for comprehensive training to ensure all round skills development.
In line with our obligations under the Employment Equity Act 1998, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle’s solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle’s methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle’s risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Get email alerts for the latest"Consulting Project Technical Manager (Applications Consulting) jobs in South africa-johannesburg"